Cats aren’t for everyone, but if you try these tactics, you can get even the staunchest cat hater to let you have one.
- Take them to an adoption fair and point out the kittens.
- Promise that they’ll never have to pet, feed or clean up after the cat.
- Keep the box in the garage or somewhere out of sight.
- Remind them that cats never need to be walked.
- Point out that cats are independent.
- Casually mention that cats never bark.
- Swear that you’ll never talk baby-talk to the cat.
- Buy a laser pointer for them (and the cat) to play with.
Back to How-tos »