A healthy cat is a happy cat, so take the following steps to vaccinate yours to ensure it always stays that way:
- Rabies: 4 weeks old - The rabies vaccine usually requires boosters every 1-3 years, depending on the type of vaccine used.
- Panleukopenia virus (distemper): 8 weeks old.
- Feline calicvirus (FCV): 8 weeks old.
- Feline herpes virus (rhinotracheitis): 8 weeks old.
If considered at-risk, the following three require annual booster shots for a few years thereafter — cats will only need vaccinations every 3 years after the initial series:
- Feline chlamydiosis.
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (feline AIDS or FIV).
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV).